We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with close to 13,000 employees and sales to about 160 countries.
Health, Safety & Occupational Hygiene Advisor
The Health, Safety & Occupational Hygiene Advisor is responsible for providing support to the HESQ Manager and Health & Safety Superintendent and to provide specialist advice on health, safety and occupational hygiene risks at Yara Pilbara through influence across all stakeholders. This is a residential role, located in Karratha, Western Australia.
- Provide specialist advice on assessment, management and control of risks arising from potential occupational health & safety together with occupational exposures including but not limited to; radiation, lighting, noise, heat, gases, acids, hydrocarbons and dust including AN, volatile organic compounds, lead, welding fume and emerging hazards
- Analyse operational occupational health & hygiene data to ensure compliance with legal and other obligations
- Develop, review and govern Occupational Hygiene monitoring and health surveillance programs
- Provide direction and mentoring of departments to ensure Health, Safety & Occupational Hygiene risk management
- Facilitate the development of risk management strategies for material Health, Safety & Occupational Hygiene risks and support the ongoing effectiveness of controls
- Lead the implementation and monitor effectiveness of exposure reduction initiatives
- Interact with all other departments and functions at all levels
- Daily hands on coordination of HESQ matters through interface with the various HESQ specialist staff.
- Post graduate qualification in Occupational Hygiene is essential
- Degree Occupational Health & Safety, Engineering or related discipline is Desirable
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment is Desirable
- Membership of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role including health and hygiene monitoring, program implementation and coordination, preferably in a mining, chemical or heavy industrial manufacturing environment. Preferably in a petrochemical context.
- Three years practical experience OH&S experience.
- ICAM Lead Investigator certification and experience
- Experience using sampling, monitoring and calibration equipment.
- Experience with SAP would be advantageous.
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date.