We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About Yara Thailand
In Thailand, Yara has been present for more than 40 years, being a leading brand in many crop segments and helping farmers to increase their incomes. Our professionals have the ambition to make Yara Thailand the best place to work for; through our people, customer, and farmer development programmes. Business Code of Conduct and Safety are our top priorities always.
Job Scope, Role and Responsibilities
An Agronomist will have good knowledge in the general agronomy, nutrient requirements and farm management of crops in Thailand. They will support sales from customers by promoting Yara’s solutions to farmers, and will work in close cooperation with both their Expert team and Sales team colleagues to achieve that region’s goals.
- You will conduct the following promotional activities; demonstration trials, spot demonstrations, farmer field days, leader farmer and general farm visits. Sometimes you will also conduct farmer meetings and assist at large customer meetings organized by your Sales team colleagues.
- Through your contact with farmers and customers you will be expected to update our documented proof that Yara products works, with real examples from your region. You will gather and report information on key crop trends (crop type, area, farm gate prices, etc.) and competitor fertilizer company’s field activities in your region.
- You will be part of the Expert Team, reporting to the Chief Agronomist as your line manager. You will be responsible for demonstrating that Yara’s solutions work in our key crops (including, but not limited to, rubber, oil palm, longan, durian, vegetables etc.) and look for similar opportunities in other crops. You will actively cooperate internally with our Sales team about the activities required in your region therefore.
- You will be a field day best practice process owner; learning and using the best science extension methods in your daily role – as you help Yara communicate more effectively with customers and farmers in order to increase Yara’s market share.
- You will be Yara’s ambassadors when it comes to farm visits – whether its visiting leading farmers or otherwise. Carefully understanding the needs of each visit, and providing effective and long term solutions to those farmers.
- This job also requires a person who is capable of networking and seeking out new ideas. You will look for new opportunities for Yara Thailand, to find where we can add more value to our portfolio and create a competitive advantage.
- You will have to value and demonstrate the importance of safety in everything we perform.
- You will have to demonstrate your hunger for new knowledge and show the team you live according to the Yara values: Accountability, Collaboration, Ambition and Curiosity.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Valid driver’s license.
- BSc degree or equivalent professional qualification in agriculture / science.
- Fluent Thai and a basic (fair) understanding of the English language is essential.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office) and their use in reporting.
- Good knowledge of agriculture and nutrient management in Thailand.
- Must display confidence in public speaking, being self-motivated, dynamic and energetic.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work under pressure meeting deadlines and overcoming differences of opinion.
- Ability to travel and work for periods upcountry, keeping safety and doing the right thing in mind at all times when with the team, customers and farmers.
- Accountable and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong team player, with a drive to take initiative and not wait for instruction always.
- Take responsibility to deliver on time and work according to best agronomic practices.
- Show curiosity, frequently searching for new ideas and information.
- Strong safety ethic.