We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
The New Front End Technology and Process Intensification department (NFET&PI) at Yara Technology Centre in Porsgrunn is a newly formed group investigating new and future processes for the production of ammonia, nitric acid and fertilizer related products.
You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational team of dynamic and skilled people in a growth environment.
- Hands-on experience of handling chemicals and must be able to work in an environment where safety has the highest priority.
- Capable of learning to operate a computer controlled micro-reactor system, and be able to carry out data processing in spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of reaction kinetics, and particularly kinetics of heterogeneous catalytic reactions, is an advantage.
- Confident in working independently, once he/she has received the appropriate training.
- The results of the work will be summarised in a report and presented at the end of the project in an oral presentation.
- The candidate must be studying chemistry, chemical engineering or a process chemistry related subject at bachelor or master level
- Fluent in English and one Scandinavian language
Starting period from the middle of June for a duration of 8 weeks.
The Summer Internship will be based in Porsgrunn, Norway.